Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will Mac OS 13.2.1.Ventura run MS excel

My device is running Mac OS Monterey 12.6.3 and will upgrade to Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1. However I am running MS Office 2019 for Mac at the moment and I want to know if Ventura will run this old a version of MS Office. Has anyone upgraded to Ventura and been able to continue using their MS Office 2019 software please?

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 1:57 AM

Office 2019 for Mac is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS. When a new version of macOS is released, the Office 2019 for Mac Operating System requirement becomes the three most recent versions at that time. That is, the new version of macOS plus the previous two versions.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2023 1:57 AM in response to word-weaver

Office 2019 for Mac is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS. When a new version of macOS is released, the Office 2019 for Mac Operating System requirement becomes the three most recent versions at that time. That is, the new version of macOS plus the previous two versions.

Mar 25, 2023 5:16 AM in response to PRP_53

Thank you for your prompt reply. I read the same entry on the MS Office 2019 requirements page but the article wasn’t dated so I wasn’t sure whether I could trust it to include Ventura. The only indicator was the hyperlink at the end of the paragraph which takes one to the Apple.Com Ventura page but that isn’t specific enough. It could mean only a link to Apple and whatever Apple puts on the page. The lack of MS not naming Ventura undermines the reliability or specific accuracy of the MS notice for me. Never the less thank you again for taking the trouble to reply.

Mar 25, 2023 5:41 AM in response to word-weaver

Office 2019 for Mac is scheduled to be retired in Fall 2023 and that means no further new installs because Microsoft is likely to disable the relevant license servers, and no further application updates.

It is time to consider switching from Office 2019 to Office 2021 and the cost can be quite reasonable if you look at the inexpensive offers on AppleInsider or TechRadar sites. I think that my Office 2021 Home and Business for Mac, that I am running on Ventura 13.2.1 actually cost around $30 - $35.

will Mac OS 13.2.1.Ventura run MS excel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.