Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

im unable to update my MacBook Air 13 inch 2017

I haven't updated my software on my MacBook Air 2017 in a long while . Im unable to get macOS big sur in my App Store

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 8:54 PM

"im unable to update my MacBook Air 13 inch 2017: I haven't updated my software on my MacBook Air 2017 in a long while . Im unable to get macOS big sur in my App Store"

-------

Getting Big Sur to Install:

A. Use a USB Bootable Installer:

Create a USB Bootable Installer for Big Sur. (If installing anew, delete the hard drive's partition). Then, install this macOS with it. Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support. You may need to use another person's Mac to create one.

B. IMPORTANT:

Prior to performing the upgrade, certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong after the update, or if you wish to undo this upgrade. Create one after the upgrade, as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2023 8:54 PM in response to SarahMontague

"im unable to update my MacBook Air 13 inch 2017: I haven't updated my software on my MacBook Air 2017 in a long while . Im unable to get macOS big sur in my App Store"

-------

Getting Big Sur to Install:

A. Use a USB Bootable Installer:

Create a USB Bootable Installer for Big Sur. (If installing anew, delete the hard drive's partition). Then, install this macOS with it. Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support. You may need to use another person's Mac to create one.

B. IMPORTANT:

Prior to performing the upgrade, certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong after the update, or if you wish to undo this upgrade. Create one after the upgrade, as well.

im unable to update my MacBook Air 13 inch 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.