Is there a way or my iPhone or iPad to not ask me for passcode to "trust this computer and start a backup" everytime I back up iPhone or iPad

Is there a way or my iPhone or iPad to not ask me for passcode to "trust this computer and start a backup" everytime I back up iPhone or iPad on my Mac?

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 1:04 AM

I remember that in the recent past, you could backup your Apple Device to a computer would be required to enter the passcode to “Trust this computer”. You could enter this passcode once and then the computer was “Trusted” for all subsequent backups and did not require to enter the passcode again.

Recently, I believe from iOS/iPadOS 15, things changed and you are now required to enter the passcode to “Trust this computer” every single time you attach your Apple Device to a computer to create a backup.

I have provided feedback to Apple on this one and I recommend that you do the same here 👉  Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2023 1:04 AM in response to rboyweare

I remember that in the recent past, you could backup your Apple Device to a computer would be required to enter the passcode to “Trust this computer”. You could enter this passcode once and then the computer was “Trusted” for all subsequent backups and did not require to enter the passcode again.

Recently, I believe from iOS/iPadOS 15, things changed and you are now required to enter the passcode to “Trust this computer” every single time you attach your Apple Device to a computer to create a backup.

I have provided feedback to Apple on this one and I recommend that you do the same here 👉  Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

Apr 3, 2023 1:45 PM in response to Axel Foley

Sorry I am a neophyte with apple products (at 65 years young,) & can’t help you. I used PC’s for 40+ yrs…from waaaay back before there were even private computers for people. Hated that dang mainframe!

Almost everywhere, every site, that is, keeps requiring me to repeatedly enter my Passcode again & again to sites (like medical info, dr info, EVERYTHING!) every single time I try to go back to them to finish what I started, then I keep losing new info I need to add (don’t have unlimited space to make copy after copy after copy of each & every edit-already have way too many but doing all this causes incredible, relentless PAIN in my seriously arthritic & swollen fingers, knuckles, joints, wrists, elbows, shoulders, etc.) Takes so long w/ Passcodes that I can’t get anything done, like info to my dr for tomorrow’s appt. Came here again, to try to stop having to go through all this for every site. I’m hurting like ****but AM going to try to finish this note w/out editing it ‘cuz I can’t.

It takes me too long to do anything, even just type one note now w/ one aching finger as I peck, even w/ braces on. It hurts too much to write more than one note, but I really am stuck w/ this problem.

If I have to, I’m gonna have to rewire & hook up my Lenovo so I can actually get things done! I love using a mouse instead of fingers & cannot afford apple’s mouse & do not trust opening my machine up to using voice (yet).

apple IS supposed to be easier, but it sure isn’t for me!! When running, I’ve got a keyboard/mouse paired with my Lenovo, which allows me to keep using my Oxygen in bed, which also helps a LOT, but just cannot afford all the things I need to do the same w/ apple products. Both my very old used apple iPhones quit working, live in a rural mountainous area with NO services, poor internet & no transportation except for necessary medical trips needing a month+ of coordination.

HELP, TOO, PLEASE!

olga_p

Is there a way or my iPhone or iPad to not ask me for passcode to "trust this computer and start a backup" everytime I back up iPhone or iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.