You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i pad pro audio video connectivity

I would like to connect my iPad pro to a computer monitor via hdmi cable. Unfortunately, the monitor does not have speakers. It does have a place to connect headphones.

Q1. Can I get bluetooth audio to match the video my iPad is playing on the monitor?

Q 2. Can I use the headphone jack to provide audio signal to powered speakers? Again, the audio needs to match the sounds associated with whatever I'm playing on the monitor.

Are there other options apart from headphones?

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 2:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 12:49 AM

I have an iPad Pro connected to and external display with a USB-C to USB-C cable.

A1: Yes, you can pair an external Bluetooth speaker to the iPad Pro and get the sounds on that speaker from the iPad.

A2: Yes, the other option is to connect external speakers / headphones to the audio / headphone jack available on the external display that is connected to the iPad Pro.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2023 12:49 AM in response to RockyMountainSkiPatrol

I have an iPad Pro connected to and external display with a USB-C to USB-C cable.

A1: Yes, you can pair an external Bluetooth speaker to the iPad Pro and get the sounds on that speaker from the iPad.

A2: Yes, the other option is to connect external speakers / headphones to the audio / headphone jack available on the external display that is connected to the iPad Pro.

Axel F.

i pad pro audio video connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.