Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my husband and I have the same email but different passwords for 2 separate iCloud accounts?

Can my husband and I use the same email account but different passwords to create 2 separate iCloud accounts?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 11:01 AM

Even you try to create two separate icloud accounts with same mail address and different password it can't be created because the credentials for each account like three answers for security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password , credit card details will always be different , you can't copy the same credentials and create the account for second time on different device the server won't accept it .

The credentials , apple id , password are interconnected and confined to an individual account see the article Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2023 11:01 AM in response to Tweetypie61

Even you try to create two separate icloud accounts with same mail address and different password it can't be created because the credentials for each account like three answers for security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password , credit card details will always be different , you can't copy the same credentials and create the account for second time on different device the server won't accept it .

The credentials , apple id , password are interconnected and confined to an individual account see the article Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Can my husband and I have the same email but different passwords for 2 separate iCloud accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.