Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac and iPhone Not Syncing in iMessage

I'm having an issue where my Mac and iPhone aren't syncing together in iMessage; no messages appear on my Mac that are from my iPhone. On top of that, iMessage is saying my iCloud and iMessage accounts are not the same or not signed in, which is stopping me from showing my contact card to other people.

I've tried signing in and out of iMessage and restarting both devices.

(iPhone iMessage screenshot above. Lines represent separation of conversations)

(Mac iMessage screenshot above)

If you compare the iPhone iMessage and Mac iMessage, the Mac has less conversations while the phone has more conversations, therefore implying that the phone's messages are not synced with the Mac's.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 9:05 AM

Hi RonneyN,

Given the message you receive, the first thing we'd recommend is confirming the exact same Apple ID is signed in on both devices. If you have aliases or multiple Apple ID accounts, ensure they're exactly the same.

For iPhone, check under Settings > Messages. If you're already signed in, you can confirm the email in use under the Send & Receive section.

Should the issue persist, or you can confirm the ID is right, contact Apple directly for assistance. They may need to take a closer look at your Apple ID.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2023 9:05 AM in response to RonneyN

Hi RonneyN,

Given the message you receive, the first thing we'd recommend is confirming the exact same Apple ID is signed in on both devices. If you have aliases or multiple Apple ID accounts, ensure they're exactly the same.

For iPhone, check under Settings > Messages. If you're already signed in, you can confirm the email in use under the Send & Receive section.

Should the issue persist, or you can confirm the ID is right, contact Apple directly for assistance. They may need to take a closer look at your Apple ID.

Take care.

Mac and iPhone Not Syncing in iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.