Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 picture downloading from text

my message IMS is turned on and I have enough storage, but my pictures that I get sent through text message will not download. Can anyone help me? I have a iPhone 11. Thank you.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 3:44 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2023 2:09 PM in response to nsalz

Hi nsalz,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand pictures you receive via text message show as an attachment and not the actual picture. We recommend restarting your iPhone if you haven't done so. This can refresh iOS, apps and connections. Here's how if needed: Restart your iPhone.

We also recommend updating to the latest version of iOS to see if the issue persists after updating. Here's how: Update your iPhone.

1. "Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
  5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do."

Take care.

iphone 11 picture downloading from text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.