Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i block a number that is not in my list

how do i block a number that is not in my list

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 12:24 AM

If you need to block outgoing calls, only your carrier can do this. If you need calls that you receive to be blocked, you must know the numbers you want to block, and possibly create a contact with all the numbers encoded, and then block.

Which numbers you have called and how you will be charged for it is solely a matter between you, the number you have called and your carrier. The only thing you can do yourself from your iPhone is to block incoming calls. Everything else is a carrier matter.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2023 12:24 AM in response to 1wombat

If you need to block outgoing calls, only your carrier can do this. If you need calls that you receive to be blocked, you must know the numbers you want to block, and possibly create a contact with all the numbers encoded, and then block.

Which numbers you have called and how you will be charged for it is solely a matter between you, the number you have called and your carrier. The only thing you can do yourself from your iPhone is to block incoming calls. Everything else is a carrier matter.

Mar 27, 2023 10:40 PM in response to 1wombat

In order to block a number, it requires that the number is part of your contact list, or that the number can be found in the list of recent calls or missed calls. If you want to block a number directly from the recent call list, tap ( i ) next to the number, scroll to the bottom and select "Block this Caller"

If you have the number in Contacts, you block it here:

Settings Phone Blocked ContactsAdd New...

You can find more useful information here:

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Mar 28, 2023 12:06 AM in response to Community User

Hi JS-fromDK, my problem is a bit more complicated than just a blocking, there are about 7 numbers I need to block, they are not in my contacts list in fact they are not on my phone, I have never dialled these numbers, I have a pay as you go with Amaysim phone company, i put money on when needed, they have a help line from my iphone 567 and the call is free, except when I dial k 567 I speak to the rep and then the next day I find my account has be debited for that call and my account shows a number I did not dial, all they are saying is report the numbers to spam watch, that will not stop this happening, any advice from you experts would be appreciated. It looks like their number has been scammed to me. they are reimbursing me when i let them know.

Ron

Mar 28, 2023 3:03 AM in response to Community User

JS-fromDK thank you for your help, I think you are correct, they are telling me they can do nothing from their end, my only option from my end is to change carriers, I am calling the carriers help line 567 and my call seems to be being diverted to a mobile phone number, that is showing on my usage page as number 61730634876 here in Western Australia.

once again thanks for your help

Ron

Mar 28, 2023 3:16 AM in response to 1wombat

It seems that the free number is not completely free after all. But yeah, that's hard to answer precisely, since it's more of a carrier thing, and not so much an "iPhone specific" thing. But you are welcome, and I agree that the solution could perhaps be another carrier.

How do i block a number that is not in my list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.