Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get HomePod to play from Apple TV

How to I get HomePod to mirror my TV which is playing from YouTube.

I tried Siri - she answered “I found some (rough?) results - I’ll show you if you ask again (from?) iPhone.”

Nothing appears on iPhone which is on the same network.

Thank you, Tom

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 6:51 PM

You need to select it to AIrPlay to. See: Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home

Or if you have an Apple TV 4k you set it as the default audio: See: Set up home theater audio with HomePod or HomePod mini and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

3 replies

Mar 29, 2023 12:20 PM in response to Vancouver22

I've concluded, after much testing, that HomePod isn't compatible with my network of Samsung TV, Bose 1-2-3, AirPlay & Airport Expresses driving speakers throughout my house - and will add another Airport Express/speaker. Too bad - it seemed to work - even YouTube, Netflix - but I made the mistake of unplugging it to add extension cord and was unable to get it all back.

Thank you, Tom

Mar 29, 2023 1:06 PM in response to Tom Meade1

I've concluded, after much testing, that HomePod isn't compatible with my network of Samsung TV, Bose 1-2-3, AirPlay & Airport Expresses driving speakers throughout my house - and will add another Airport Express/speaker. Too bad - it seemed to work - even YouTube, Netflix - but I made the mistake of unplugging it to add extension cord and was unable to get it all back.

Or, maybe it's just me - and I don't understand. For one thing I wasn't able to understand where the Home Screen is . . .

Thank you, Tom

Get HomePod to play from Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.