Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Format dysku

Hey, I've got problem with Updates for my Mac - 21,5 Late 2015. A couple of days ago I had format the drive. Before that, I had a Ventura system doing well, but after formatting there was only one system available to install - El Capitan 10.11.6.

There's no Ventura for my Mac available, nowhere - at Updates, at AppStore, why is it like that?

What should I do now? I'd like to mention that I had trouble during process of format, and maybe there went something wrong, but it doesn't look like this, besides the problem with oldest ver of system..

I'll be thankfull for any help.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 2:30 AM

Ventura is not supported on a Late 2015 iMac.

It requires one of these Macs.

macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 28, 2023 2:40 AM in response to megvn_ka

The Best this computer an do Officially and as per Apple, would be macOS 12.6.4 Monterey

That is the Most Recent release of Monterey as of Monday March 27, 2023

Try the Internet Recovery Method

The 3 Keyboard combo Option Command r and make sure the machine is connected via Ethernet Cable to Router for stable and reliable Connections and Speed

It should in Theory offer the latest version of macOS this computer Qualifies to run - Monterey.

It will present options >> Disk Utilities >> View >> View ALL attached Drives. 

1 - Choose the Upper Most Drive ( not the volumes indented and list below ).

2 - The drive normally is called Apple Media or Apple SSD - that is the drive to Erase and format as APFS with the GUID Partition Map.

3 - Once that is done >> backup out of Disk Utilities and choose install macOS. 

4 - Follow the prompts and it may automatically reboot several time. 

5 - Upon a final reboot - Setup Assist will present with the newer version of macOS.

Format dysku

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.