Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP export won't complete (Export gets to 2% then completes & renders as an audio file)

I feel like I've tried everything & just can't fix the problem. Huge project I worked on that I'm dying to post & advertise my work with but the final video after making a few minor tweaks has just refused to export.

No matter what format I render in it gets to 2% every time then just stops exporting and the file is either an audio file only or it plays 3-4 seconds at the start of the video then freezes.

I've tried using HandBrake and it won't recognise the source.

In 5+ years of editing never seen this before, if someone knows the answer here please put me out of my misery haha

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 6:18 AM

Similar questions

14 replies

Apr 3, 2023 1:05 AM in response to Swhite17

You have Chrome and its keystone thugs.

See https://chromeisbad.com for what they do and how to uninstall.

After getting rid of them you need to trash FCP and download a fresh copy from the App Store.

Also, as Tom suggested, there seems to be some corruption in either media or library:

2023-03-29 10:39:39 Final Cut Pro Crash (2 times)

Executable: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app

Details:

ProCore: Last ProCore Log: assertion failed: FFVideoProps must have a

numeric sampleDur & frameDur (((Boolean)(((_sampleDuration).flags & (k

CMTimeFlags_Valid | kCMTimeFlags_ImpliedValueFlagsMask)) == kCMTimeFla

gs_Valid)) && ((Boolean)(((_frameDuration).flags & kCMTimeFlags_Valid)

!= 0))) :: -[FFVideoProps _validateVideoProps] (file: /Library/Caches

/com.apple.xbs/Sources/Flexo/Flexo-40560.12.15/framework/providers/FFV

ideoFormat.mm, line: 1899)

FCP export won't complete (Export gets to 2% then completes & renders as an audio file)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.