Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer left on the night before seems frozen and won't start up the next day, won't let me sign in.

Computer left on the night before seems frozen and won't start up the next day, won't let me sign in. Possible software conflict with Ventura OS?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 10:49 AM

Applemac107 wrote:

Computer left on the night before seems frozen and won't start up the next day, won't let me sign in. Possible software conflict with Ventura OS?

Which is it...? Pick one

• frozen...
  • won't start...
  • won't let me sign in— which implies it is started...
3 replies

Mar 28, 2023 11:00 AM in response to Applemac107

Applemac107 wrote:

• won't let me sign in— which implies it is started...

Try a  SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies. Can you log in here?

You can try Internet Recovery Option Command R and run the DiskUtility>First Aid

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey/Ventura) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

Volume level

Container level

Parent drive

ref:

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

Verify you are plugged into power

Computer left on the night before seems frozen and won't start up the next day, won't let me sign in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.