Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently added song appears in playlists but not in main Songs list

I recently added some material to my Music library. One song, an MP3 of Dio's "Holy Diver (Live)" got imported, but for some reason it doesn't show up in the main Songs list anywhere. It appears in Recently Added and my playlists, but not in the main listing for some inexplicable reason. Was something possibly damaged or corrupted along the way in? I haven't tried to add the track to my iPod yet, so I don't know if it will appear there or not.

iMac 24″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 4:03 PM

Hello Don Goldberg1,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

If you're not seeing this appearing in your library after importing multiple songs/albums, there may be an issue with the song's information. This article can provide steps with how to check and edit that if needed: Change song and CD information in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Additionally, you'll want to make sure that when importing songs that you follow these steps to ensure everything is added to your library as expected: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

Hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2023 4:03 PM in response to Don Goldberg1

Hello Don Goldberg1,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

If you're not seeing this appearing in your library after importing multiple songs/albums, there may be an issue with the song's information. This article can provide steps with how to check and edit that if needed: Change song and CD information in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Additionally, you'll want to make sure that when importing songs that you follow these steps to ensure everything is added to your library as expected: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

Hope this helps!

Apr 1, 2023 6:49 AM in response to Bryan_K1

Bryan,

The suggestion worked! I went into the song's Info window briefly, saw nothing was wrong, then left, and suddenly the song now appears in my Songs listing. (The artist name is diffferent for some reason--I brought over two tracks from the same album, and one says "Dio" while the other is credited to "Ronnie James Dio," so I'll have to figure that out later. But at least now the song appears in the list.)

Recently added song appears in playlists but not in main Songs list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.