Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

WhatsApp keeps crashing on iPhone 13 Pro Max

I use iphone 13 pro and since 2 days whatsapp has been crashing i opened the app then it closes automatically and send me back to home screen can call or msg someone. How do i resiolve this ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 5:05 AM

I’m facing the same issue with iPhone 15 pro since an update 10 days ago. I have tried everything, all solutions on this thread, nothing is working. Have reached out to WhatsApp and sent logs too just keep getting automated responses back. Please HELP. Don’t want to lose backup

78 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2023 5:05 AM in response to mukul275

I’m facing the same issue with iPhone 15 pro since an update 10 days ago. I have tried everything, all solutions on this thread, nothing is working. Have reached out to WhatsApp and sent logs too just keep getting automated responses back. Please HELP. Don’t want to lose backup

May 27, 2023 6:26 AM in response to mukul275

Hello,

I have the same problem.

I tried the solutions you proposed, except the number 3. (I do not want to put my data at risk)

Nothing worked, Whatsapp keeps crashing after 2 seconds on my phone ...

For information, Whatsapp web works .

Also, I can navigate in whatsapp when I am in airplane mode. But as soon as I connect to the internet, whatsapp crashed.

Thank you for your help

May 24, 2023 9:41 AM in response to divyesh1010

FOUND THE FIX! If you haven't been able to fix it, I figured it out (accidentally). It has fixed mine and two coworkers' frozen Whatsapp after IOS update. Our Whatsapp wouldn't let us scroll or anything. It was like the screen was frozen. It would shut off also.

Turn off your screen saver on your phone so the screen doesn't turn off. Open Whatsapp. If it closed, reopen it. Then leave it open on your screen for at least 15 to 20 minutes.

This fixed it! Let me know if it works.

Mar 28, 2023 11:10 PM in response to mukul275

If WhatsApp keeps crashing on your iPhone 13 Pro Max, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, simply restarting your iPhone can resolve app issues. To do this, press and hold the Power button until the "Slide to Power Off" option appears, and then slide the power off switch. Wait a few seconds, and then press and hold the Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
  2. Update WhatsApp: Make sure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your iPhone. Go to the App Store and check if there is an update available.
  3. Delete and reinstall WhatsApp: If updating WhatsApp doesn't work, try deleting the app and then reinstalling it. To do this, press and hold the WhatsApp icon until it starts shaking, and then tap the "x" icon to delete it. After that, go to the App Store and reinstall WhatsApp. (Ensure to take WhatsApp Backup before you delete the App)
  4. Clear WhatsApp cache: Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and find WhatsApp. Then, tap on WhatsApp and select "Offload App" to delete the app but keep the data. Once it's done, reinstall WhatsApp from the App Store.
  5. Free up storage space: Make sure that you have enough storage space available on your iPhone. If your iPhone is running low on storage space, it can cause apps to crash. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage to check how much storage space is available.

Contact WhatsApp Support: If the issue still persists, you can contact WhatsApp Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or investigate if there is a known issue with WhatsApp on your iPhone model.

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

WhatsApp Business is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> Developer Website  or App Support  or WhatsApp business products - WhatsApp FAQ

May 26, 2023 8:48 AM in response to mukul275

icloud is what messes up whatup.

1. Uninstall whatapp
  2. Turn off icloud drive
  3. install whatsapp, authenticate with whatsapp (Here no restore option will be available due to icloud being off) Continue to register and proceed without restore.
  4. Once you sucessfully registered and you see empty chats, uninstall whatsapp again
  5. turn on the icloud drive
  6. reinstall whatsup and restore.

Whatsup and icloud need to work together and fix this issue. It truly has been very frustrating process. Hope this helps someone facing this issue.

Apr 23, 2023 4:24 AM in response to alperguney

Well it seems that being patient was the answer. WhatsApp did not acknowledge the bug on their side nor provide any useful support. See the top answer here to see what they suggested which either didn't work or meant losing data. In the end they published an update to WhatsApp that addressed the issue. So just update your WhatsApp assuming they have rolled it out to your area, and you should be fine.

May 14, 2023 1:39 AM in response to mukul275

I solved the problem by just switching it over to Whatsapp Business (WA Business) in the same phone.

Steps

1. backup whatsapp data to PC with Wondershare Dr Fone (just incase)
  2. then just simply download "WA Business" and login with phone number as usual.
  3. (Skip this step if it worked with Step 2) restore whatsapp data from PC to Iphone with Wondershare (if you have deleted whatsapp data earlier)
  4. problem solved for me

Have tried all methods mentioned in the internet (except factory reset phone), and didn't work. Tried to delete whatsapp and it worked fine until I restored my backup, then it started crashing again. Looks like my case was something to do with the data / msg / files that crashed WhatsApp.

Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM in response to mukul275

After trying everything available on any thread across forums, I finally got WA on my iPhone 13 working fine!!! This has been working for me for a month now!! I was waiting to see how long it would take, and so far (touchwood!) all's been well.

• I added a new SIM to my phone
  • Took the iCloud backup for existing WA and deleted the app after that
  • Reinstalled the app, this time started afresh with the new phone number.
  • Deleted the app again
  • Reinstalled the app, restored my old phone number
  • Voila! It stopped crashing.

Now, for details, my new number did not have any chat backup to screw up from. So, it kind of got disconnected from iCloud. I pray hard enough every day that it continues to work flawlessly as it does finally, because I know how much pain it is. I had done multiple loops of going through WA support (which was useless), writing to Apple, following people of forum, basically been in a mess, regretting the upgrade.

So far, so good. Worth a try.

Nov 21, 2023 12:28 AM in response to SD0907

WhatsApp crash again and again in iPhone13 pro Max

I received this from WhatsApp support but doesn’t work.

Hi, 

Thanks for your message. 

We’re sorry you are experiencing these crashes. Please try the following steps to see if they resolve your issue: 

* Turn your phone off for 30 seconds then back on. Delete and reinstall WhatsApp. To learn how, tap here. If you previously backed up your WhatsApp chat history to iCloud, you’ll be able to restore your chats when you reinstall. 

• Backup and restore your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes. To learn how, tap here. It’s possible that the iOS is causing this crash, even if the crash only occurs on WhatsApp. For more information on how to restore your phone to a backup, visit Apple Support here
  • If the issue returns after restoring a backup, restore your phone and set up as new without restoring a backup. For more information on how to restore your phone and set as new, visit Apple Support here. Be sure to tap Set Up as New iPhoneinstead of restoring a backup.

Apr 11, 2023 3:32 AM in response to mukul275

My iPhone 13 has been crashing on my phone for over a week. WhatsApp has not provided any solution, none of these suggestions work. Has anyone tried moving to WhatsApp business?

I’m concerned about losing data. I can back up my iPhone to ICloud but I can’t back up my WhatsApp because of the crashing problem so my question is will I lose data if I move to WhatsApp business?

May 23, 2023 6:45 AM in response to raghu107

that did the trick for me, too!

1. Backup, if still possible
  2. delete App
  3. restart phone
  4. renew Face ID, passcode, I even changed the apple pw, don't know if it had an influence
  5. re-install WhatsApp

I first tried renewing Face ID and passcode, then restarted the phone, then reinstalled WhatsApp, which did NOT work. Also not with WhatsApp Business. It seems the renewal of FaceID, passcode and so on has to be right before reinstalling WhatsApp without being interrupted by a phone-restart.

Good luck to you guys!

And fingers crossed, that its gonna stay fixed!

WhatsApp keeps crashing on iPhone 13 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.