You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to activate AppleTV trial on PS5 with no itunes.

Attempting to activate the 6 month trial of AppleTV on PS5.

Steps taken

1. Install AppleTV app.
  2. Select "Start 6-month trial"
  3. Visit activate.apple.com and enter the code displayed on my PS5
  4. Login with my recently created appleid account (that I have added a payment method to).
  5. Get passed 2FA
  6. url directs to https://activate.apple.com/?error=NON_ITUNES_ACCOUNT&deviceType=UNKNOWN and displays the error above.

Other than creating an appleid I haven't specifically created an itunes account but not sure I can with the devices available to me.

I have available to me:

PS5

Google Pixel 3A phone

ChromeOS Flex laptop

Question: Can I use appleTV?

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 1:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 12:42 PM

Can I use Apple TV?

Yes, you can.

When creating your Apple ID account, be sure to fill in all the requested user information, including name, country (state), DoB, a verified email address (respond to test message!), and a valid payment method. To start any subscription through Apple, the payment method will need to support automatic and periodical charges.

An “iTunes account” would be an Apple ID account that is ready to interact with iTunes Store products and services (i.e. ready if needed to make financial transactions, e.g. for after the trial period, if you keep the subscription).

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you need to make edits, you can do so on the web:

Manage your Apple ID - Apple

If you need more assistance with your Apple ID account:

Apple ID support - Official Apple Support

The staff (Get support) would be able to assess if your account is “ready” for its intended use. I assume they’re also familiar with the PS5 offer, and the error that you were getting.

This redeem procedure is specific to PlayStation. Please review their description:

The offer is redeemable once per console.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2023 12:42 PM in response to Fishcakezxc

Can I use Apple TV?

Yes, you can.

When creating your Apple ID account, be sure to fill in all the requested user information, including name, country (state), DoB, a verified email address (respond to test message!), and a valid payment method. To start any subscription through Apple, the payment method will need to support automatic and periodical charges.

An “iTunes account” would be an Apple ID account that is ready to interact with iTunes Store products and services (i.e. ready if needed to make financial transactions, e.g. for after the trial period, if you keep the subscription).

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you need to make edits, you can do so on the web:

Manage your Apple ID - Apple

If you need more assistance with your Apple ID account:

Apple ID support - Official Apple Support

The staff (Get support) would be able to assess if your account is “ready” for its intended use. I assume they’re also familiar with the PS5 offer, and the error that you were getting.

This redeem procedure is specific to PlayStation. Please review their description:

The offer is redeemable once per console.

Unable to activate AppleTV trial on PS5 with no itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.