Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External display orientation on first login screen

After change external display orientation from landscape to portrait and then back to landscape, after reboot the first login screen is now always in portrait orientation on external display. After success login orientation change on landscape and be in landscape if I'm lock screen or logout, but if I'm reboot mac all come back - external display in portrait orientation on login screen.

One user in the system and file vault is disabled. Ventura 13.3. External monitor connected via hdmi.

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 1:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 1:20 AM

Well, I'm found workaround. Try to change external display mode to "Mirror for Buit-in display" and then reboot. After reboot, on initial login, external display may be black (no signal). Login and change back external display mode to "Extended display", check before that Rotation parameter is "Standard". Reboot your Mac again. After this manipulations, in my case, external display is in landscape mode again on initial login.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 1:20 AM in response to valdemar1977

Well, I'm found workaround. Try to change external display mode to "Mirror for Buit-in display" and then reboot. After reboot, on initial login, external display may be black (no signal). Login and change back external display mode to "Extended display", check before that Rotation parameter is "Standard". Reboot your Mac again. After this manipulations, in my case, external display is in landscape mode again on initial login.

External display orientation on first login screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.