Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to have photo as locked screen and Apples own wallpaper as home screen?

Hi,

I'm trying to change my locked screen and home screen wallpaper but its not working as it used to. I want one of my own photos as a locked screen and Apples own wallpaper as the home screen. This doesn't work for me. Help plz.

iPhone 12

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 6:24 AM

Unfortunately it is not possible.

The only way to use Apple's Wallpapers on the Home Screen is to select "Set as Wallpaper Pair" - but once a Wallpaper Pair has been created, the Lock Screen Wallpaper cannot be changed. The only way to do it is to find the Apple Wallpaper you want to use on the web, and set it manually as wallpaper on your Home Screen.

You can find more useful information here:

Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2023 6:24 AM in response to nicklas162

Unfortunately it is not possible.

The only way to use Apple's Wallpapers on the Home Screen is to select "Set as Wallpaper Pair" - but once a Wallpaper Pair has been created, the Lock Screen Wallpaper cannot be changed. The only way to do it is to find the Apple Wallpaper you want to use on the web, and set it manually as wallpaper on your Home Screen.

You can find more useful information here:

Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

Mar 29, 2023 6:59 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

If you have set your wallpapers before iOS 16, then it was not impossible.

Think I've tried everything. It is not possible to select some of the iOS 16 preinstalled Wallpapers and use them as Home Screen background without setting them as Wallpaper Pair first. Once done, the Lock Screen image cannot be changed. Tried both directly on the lock screen and in Settings Wallpaper.

Possibly it can be done in the Focus function with Customize Screens?

EDIT: Nobe, that can't be done via Focus either.

Mar 29, 2023 7:19 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

It's almost impossible if it's not like that. Apart from Rainbow Wallpapers, there are no Wallpapers left from iOS 15 - so if your current Home Screen background is not found among the new gallery in iOS 16, then we have found the answer to the mystery.

How to have photo as locked screen and Apples own wallpaper as home screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.