Apple Watch 7 OS 9.4 will no longer unlock MacBook Pro M1 with Ventura 13.3

This happened a couple of OSs ago, too. I set my watch in Ventura 13.3 settings to unlock my MacBook Pro M1 14 and it says it's sync'd. But the next times I try to unlock my Book, it won't do it with the Watch. I have to do it the old way with a fingerprint or password. Any fixes?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 1:26 PM

I had this issue, what worked for me was to disable the Apple Watch unlock feature on Ventura, shutdown completely. Power back up and turn it back on. Then locked the screen and tested and it worked perfectly. I also had issues where the Apple Watch wasn't working for unlocking things or logging into Apple Discussions, etc. All was resolved.

This is specific to Ventura 13.3 and Apple watchOS 9.4. It had also stopped working when updating to 13.3 prior to me updating the Apple watchOS to 9.4. But after all was updated, it still failed until I performed the simple steps listed above.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2023 1:26 PM in response to KnowledgeHunter

I had this issue, what worked for me was to disable the Apple Watch unlock feature on Ventura, shutdown completely. Power back up and turn it back on. Then locked the screen and tested and it worked perfectly. I also had issues where the Apple Watch wasn't working for unlocking things or logging into Apple Discussions, etc. All was resolved.

This is specific to Ventura 13.3 and Apple watchOS 9.4. It had also stopped working when updating to 13.3 prior to me updating the Apple watchOS to 9.4. But after all was updated, it still failed until I performed the simple steps listed above.

Apple Watch 7 OS 9.4 will no longer unlock MacBook Pro M1 with Ventura 13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.