Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete friend's email from find my friend on macbook

I discovered a person on "find my people" on my laptop. I tried numerous times to delete but it's still there. There is no one else listed (only me) as I never knew of this feature and don't know how he even got there! Any input appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 7:28 AM

Add or remove friends in Find My on Mac

After you share your location with friends, you can ask to follow their locations or remove them if you no longer want to see their locations.

Open Find My for me

Ask to see a friend’s location

When you ask to see a friend’s location, your friend receives a notification with your request. After your friend accepts your request, you can see their location.

1. In the Find My app on your Mac, click People.
  2. In the People list, select a name, then click the Info button on the map.
  3. Click Ask To Follow Location.
  4. Tip: To add your friend as a favorite, click the Info button on the map, then click Add [Friend] to Favorites.

If you see your friend’s name in the People list but can’t see their location on the map, ask them to make sure they’re sharing their location and that they turned on Location Services on their device.

Remove a friend

When you remove a friend, you can no longer see their location, and they can no longer see yours. That person doesn’t receive a notification that you removed them.

3. Click Remove [Friend] or Stop Sharing My Location.
  4. Note: You can also Control-click a name in the People list, then choose Remove [Friend].

Have also asked the Moderator to move this question to Ventura macOS 13 as per user profile MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.3

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 7:28 AM in response to Lynnster52

Add or remove friends in Find My on Mac

After you share your location with friends, you can ask to follow their locations or remove them if you no longer want to see their locations.

Open Find My for me

Ask to see a friend’s location

When you ask to see a friend’s location, your friend receives a notification with your request. After your friend accepts your request, you can see their location.

3. Click Ask To Follow Location.
  4. Tip: To add your friend as a favorite, click the Info button on the map, then click Add [Friend] to Favorites.

If you see your friend’s name in the People list but can’t see their location on the map, ask them to make sure they’re sharing their location and that they turned on Location Services on their device.

Remove a friend

When you remove a friend, you can no longer see their location, and they can no longer see yours. That person doesn’t receive a notification that you removed them.

3. Click Remove [Friend] or Stop Sharing My Location.
  4. Note: You can also Control-click a name in the People list, then choose Remove [Friend].

Have also asked the Moderator to move this question to Ventura macOS 13 as per user profile MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.3

Cannot delete friend's email from find my friend on macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.