You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DATA USAGE

My iphone use so much data (both wifi & cellular ) all time

I turned off all apps and reset statistics of current period

I saw that ( documents & sync ) is too high and use so much data per minute

I didn't make any backup and still use data so much

why ?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 4:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 4:59 AM

There are several things you can do if your iPhone is using too much cellular data:

1. Check your data usage: Go to Settings > Cellular and scroll down to see how much data each app has used. This will help you identify which apps are using the most data.
  2. Disable background app refresh: Some apps will use cellular data even when they are not in use. You can turn off this feature by going to Settings > General > Background App Refresh.
  3. Use Wi-Fi when available: Whenever possible, connect to Wi-Fi networks to avoid using cellular data.
  4. Disable automatic downloads: Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and turn off automatic downloads for music, apps, and updates.
  5. Reduce video quality: Go to Settings > TV > Mobile Data and tick on "Automatic"
  6. Contact your carrier: If you are still using too much data, consider contacting your carrier to see if there are any data-saving plans or features available.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 30, 2023 4:59 AM in response to Abd-refai

There are several things you can do if your iPhone is using too much cellular data:

1. Check your data usage: Go to Settings > Cellular and scroll down to see how much data each app has used. This will help you identify which apps are using the most data.
  2. Disable background app refresh: Some apps will use cellular data even when they are not in use. You can turn off this feature by going to Settings > General > Background App Refresh.
  3. Use Wi-Fi when available: Whenever possible, connect to Wi-Fi networks to avoid using cellular data.
  4. Disable automatic downloads: Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and turn off automatic downloads for music, apps, and updates.
  5. Reduce video quality: Go to Settings > TV > Mobile Data and tick on "Automatic"
  6. Contact your carrier: If you are still using too much data, consider contacting your carrier to see if there are any data-saving plans or features available.

DATA USAGE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.