Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable iPhone/Health steps tracking not working

Hi,

I’ve recently got a watch 8 and I’ve noticed both steps sources are used (iPhone and watch 8). I followed some articles and topics here from the forum and I’ve completely disabled health app and later the whole fitness tracking in Privacy > motion and fitness, also lowered the priority for the iPhone in the sources for counting steps, but … iPhone still tracks them and enters them in Health…Please help I don’t see the purpose of buying a watch for more accurate steps and then it’s the entire opposite - I get unreal steps count

iPhone 12

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 5:26 AM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2023 8:00 AM in response to yoana13

If you're having trouble disabling the step tracking feature on your iPhone or in the Health app

1. Check permissions: Make sure that the Health app has permission to access your step data. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness and make sure that the Health app is toggled on.
  2. Restart your device: Sometimes restarting your iPhone can help reset settings and fix issues. Try turning off your device and turning it back on again.
  3. Check your data sources: If you have other devices or apps connected to the Health app, they may be contributing to the step data. Check the "Data Sources & Access" section in the Health app to see if there are any other sources of step data that need to be disabled.
  4. Reset your Health data: If the above steps don't work, you can try resetting your Health data. Go to Settings > Privacy > Health > Reset Health Data. This will delete all of your health and fitness data, including step tracking data.
  5. Update your device: Make sure that your device is running the latest version of its operating system. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can help resolve issues.

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.

Disable iPhone/Health steps tracking not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.