Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background Items Added" on Mac Notifications

How do I get "Background Items Added" Mac Notifications to stop? I have tried all the fixes online except to reinstall the OS and create a new Admin account.

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 12:32 PM

Just uninstall the app that is running the background items. If you really need the app, try reinstalling. That has worked for some people. If you uninstall the app using their uninstaller or instructions and you still get notifications, post back with the name of the app and we might be able to tell you where to look for the stuff the uninstaller left behind.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 12:32 PM in response to EMAINA

Just uninstall the app that is running the background items. If you really need the app, try reinstalling. That has worked for some people. If you uninstall the app using their uninstaller or instructions and you still get notifications, post back with the name of the app and we might be able to tell you where to look for the stuff the uninstaller left behind.

Apr 4, 2023 9:11 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thank you I will try this. Just to let you know I did delete the app. I also tried: from general, login items the app was removed from allow in the background: toggled off. Also tried: finder>go> go to folder> library/launchagent and launch daemons. The app was not in either folder. I did however go ahead and deleted all the other plist files associated with other apps. I will let you know if your suggestion works.

Apr 5, 2023 8:12 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

I have not updated to 13.3 yet. I will keep this in mind if the issue comes back. I followed the advice to use an uninstaller and decided to find another way to remove all the system files left.

Finder> applications>search>App was GoTo Meeting>hit the + next to save> make sure "name" is showing and "matches" are showing>then hit the next + > left side hit the drop down arrow and look for system file and choose it (if it is not available, hit other and search for it, check it, hit ok)> in next box change aren't included to are included> delete all the files and empty the trash. It worked.

Background Items Added" on Mac Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.