Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i update where i want to receive the 6-digit verification code for my when i log into icloud or apple from my macbook pro?

How do i update where i want to receive the 6-digit verification code for my when i log into icloud or apple from my macbook pro?

I'm getting my 6 digit security code sent to my macbook pro when i am trying to log into my icloud or apple id from my macbook pro. How can i change it so i only get that sent to my iphone or email?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 11:12 AM

There is no option for a two-factor verification code to be sent to an email. It should be sent to all of your trusted devices, including the device you are signing in on (although I notice that it occasionally misses one or more of my devices).

You can also request, on a case by case basis, that it be sent to a trusted phone number.

See the information in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

and Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 11:12 AM in response to Gabi1086

There is no option for a two-factor verification code to be sent to an email. It should be sent to all of your trusted devices, including the device you are signing in on (although I notice that it occasionally misses one or more of my devices).

You can also request, on a case by case basis, that it be sent to a trusted phone number.

See the information in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

and Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.