Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSL2 audio interface - problems running on Catalina 10.15.7

I've got a brand new SSL2 audio interface. I'm plugging it directly into my iMac using a USB C to USB C cable, 10 ft/2.8 metres.

It's patchy - there are audio dropouts both in playback and during recording. It's not running smoothly. In the middle of a podcast recording over Cleanfeed, I experienced total dropout and I found myself suddenly logged out of the Cleanfeed link (I can't be sure this was an SSL issue but there was no other audio/internet issues in the house at that time.

Is it possible that I need to upgrade to Ventura (I can) - but is this likely to solve these issues?

Thanks.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 9:40 AM

Hi SamBoffin,

Assuming SSL2 is short for the Solid State Logic interface, they have a guide on their site for what macOS version works best with their product.

"MacOS

SSL 2 / 2+ are class compliant and work directly with macOS Core Audio. There is no macOS driver. Simply plug it in, select the SSL as the sound device in System Preferences and you are ready to go.

• SSL recommend using 11.3 or higher.
  • SSL recommend not updating to Big Sur 11.2.
  • Prior to Big Sur: macOS 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, & 10.11 were tested but no longer supported.
  • macOS 10.10 and below are untested. Operation may work but is not guaranteed. Our recommendation is to upgrade to a supported OS."

It appears Catalina was supported, however they may have discontinued support.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 9:40 AM in response to SamBoffin

Hi SamBoffin,

Assuming SSL2 is short for the Solid State Logic interface, they have a guide on their site for what macOS version works best with their product.

"MacOS

SSL 2 / 2+ are class compliant and work directly with macOS Core Audio. There is no macOS driver. Simply plug it in, select the SSL as the sound device in System Preferences and you are ready to go.

• SSL recommend using 11.3 or higher.
  • SSL recommend not updating to Big Sur 11.2.
  • Prior to Big Sur: macOS 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, & 10.11 were tested but no longer supported.
  • macOS 10.10 and below are untested. Operation may work but is not guaranteed. Our recommendation is to upgrade to a supported OS."

It appears Catalina was supported, however they may have discontinued support.

Take care.

SSL2 audio interface - problems running on Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.