Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tried running D key on startup.

Once in diagnostic mode it seems to lock up saying 1 minute left. Sat here for an hour nothing.

Restart computer and it runs fine but still will not me make video or capture screen movie.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 12:46 PM

Downloading diagnostics depends on the speed of the ISP connection.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If you're using a not-slow ISP connection, and followed the Diagnostics setup instructions, it seems there might be a hardware error here.

You will want to discuss this iMac with Apple Support.

Whether repairing running 10.12 is worth it? A failing HDD can be worked around. Bad memory, too. But other repairs?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 12:46 PM in response to kmsnbmt

Downloading diagnostics depends on the speed of the ISP connection.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If you're using a not-slow ISP connection, and followed the Diagnostics setup instructions, it seems there might be a hardware error here.

You will want to discuss this iMac with Apple Support.

Whether repairing running 10.12 is worth it? A failing HDD can be worked around. Bad memory, too. But other repairs?

Apr 2, 2023 6:24 PM in response to MrHoffman

Thanks for the tip. I t seem my internet connection is a fault. Even thought it fiber optics I been have a glitch.

Sort of like my phone dropping the connection from time to time. This however has been dropping me during some online classes that I taking and has been very annoying. I see that as the culprit. I finally ran the D key and it came back with a clean bill of health. And my system does not like Debut software, it flagged it as a virus.

Thanks for your feedback and putting me on the right path. Fiber optic tech will be coming out soon hopefully.

Tried running D key on startup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.