Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 13 mini wifi

wifi and bluetooth will not connect. The buttons are greyed out. I have tried switching on and off and have tried reset of network settings. What now?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 1:30 PM

Hello Mynydd1,

If the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options are grayed out, you can try doing a network reset. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Keep in mind, this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before. So you'll need that info to re-enter after the reset.

If the options are still grayed out after that, then that would indicate there is some sort of hardware issue with the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth radio in the device and it will need to be serviced. You can find available service options for iPhone here: iPhone Repair & Service

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 1:30 PM in response to Mynydd1

Hello Mynydd1,

If the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options are grayed out, you can try doing a network reset. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Keep in mind, this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before. So you'll need that info to re-enter after the reset.

If the options are still grayed out after that, then that would indicate there is some sort of hardware issue with the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth radio in the device and it will need to be serviced. You can find available service options for iPhone here: iPhone Repair & Service

Cheers!

Apr 3, 2023 1:40 PM in response to mingoslkd

Thank you mingoslkd. I took it to local apple store to have it checked. The hardware module which runs Bluetooth and wifi has failed. I am going back tomorrow to have it replaced under warranty as the phone is less than 3 months old. ( I probably have the wrong technical term for the module). It is said to be a very unusual part to fail. Hey ho, I should be up and running normally very soon.

Apr 3, 2023 1:45 PM in response to Mynydd1

Mynydd1 wrote:

Thank you mingoslkd. I took it to local apple store to have it checked. The hardware module which runs Bluetooth and wifi has failed. I am going back tomorrow to have it replaced under warranty as the phone is less than 3 months old. ( I probably have the wrong technical term for the module). It is said to be a very unusual part to fail. Hey ho, I should be up and running normally very soon.

You have the correct term. It is the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth microcircuit/module that has failed. It was a common failure on older model phones, but is very rare today. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are very similar technologies and use almost the same radio bands, so it is logical to make one device that supports both.

iphone 13 mini wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.