Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hw do I save my photos to iCloud to help me manage my storage

Hw do I free up space in my iPhone

and hw do I save my photos to iCloud for me to get enough storage

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 4:33 PM

You may be able to free up some space on your iPhone by turning on iCloud Photos and also turning on the Optimize Storage option for iCloud Photos. See instructions in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Be aware that iCloud Photos is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photos is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to iCloud Photos. You can potentially reduce the storage space required on a device by turning on Optimize Storage. See the following Apple article for more information: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Apple does not currently offer cloud-only storage for photos. If that is what you want or need, you may want to explore 3rd party options such as Google Photos or Dropbox.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 4:33 PM in response to melvina177

You may be able to free up some space on your iPhone by turning on iCloud Photos and also turning on the Optimize Storage option for iCloud Photos. See instructions in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Be aware that iCloud Photos is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photos is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to iCloud Photos. You can potentially reduce the storage space required on a device by turning on Optimize Storage. See the following Apple article for more information: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Apple does not currently offer cloud-only storage for photos. If that is what you want or need, you may want to explore 3rd party options such as Google Photos or Dropbox.

Hw do I save my photos to iCloud to help me manage my storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.