Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bugs Occurring When Trying to Download Apps/Access My Account In App Store

Hello! When I Go on the App Store, apps that are already downloaded or pre installed apps like camera have the cloud icon as if it's been uninstalled even though it hasn't.

Additionally, when I try to download or update apps, the ring will infinitely load, this also happens when I try to click on my profile to see my account in the App Store.

The only way I've been able to momentarily fix it, is when I hard restart my iPhone. This infinite loading screen happens when i try to reinstall apps via settings, App Library, and the App Store. My iPhone is the 12, and my iOS version is 16.3.

iPhone 12

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 2:40 PM

Hello iPhoneUser____,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We want to help get your apps to properly work and download to your device. Allow us to assist by sharing some steps to get this issue sorted out. You did mention that you're currently using iOS 16.3. We recommend that you update your device to iOS 16.4.

This can usually help with unique issues, since updates include fixes. Just in case, this link can guide you through the update process: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1.)Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2.)Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3.)Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4.) If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5.) Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

After you've updated your device, check to see if this unique issue continues to occur. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 2:40 PM in response to iPhoneUser____

Hello iPhoneUser____,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We want to help get your apps to properly work and download to your device. Allow us to assist by sharing some steps to get this issue sorted out. You did mention that you're currently using iOS 16.3. We recommend that you update your device to iOS 16.4.

This can usually help with unique issues, since updates include fixes. Just in case, this link can guide you through the update process: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1.)Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2.)Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3.)Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4.) If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5.) Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

After you've updated your device, check to see if this unique issue continues to occur. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Bugs Occurring When Trying to Download Apps/Access My Account In App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.