Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can model MGY52LL/A update to 16.4?

Can model MGY52LL/A update to 16.4? And if so, why don’t I see that option on my home app when I access that TV (which is at a vacation home too far away to get to easily)?

Apple TV HD

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 6:44 AM

That seems a model order number for Apple TV HD (4th generation) A1625, and that model can be updated to tvOS 16.4 since March 21. Automatic updates may take a little time after that, I assume to spread the server load over several days.

If not set to update automatically, then updating requires physical access to the Apple TV box. For remote locations, you may have to wait until someone is there that can perform the update. It is not supported to update devices through the Home app: Apple TV doesn’t have remote management.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2023 6:44 AM in response to DW00

That seems a model order number for Apple TV HD (4th generation) A1625, and that model can be updated to tvOS 16.4 since March 21. Automatic updates may take a little time after that, I assume to spread the server load over several days.

If not set to update automatically, then updating requires physical access to the Apple TV box. For remote locations, you may have to wait until someone is there that can perform the update. It is not supported to update devices through the Home app: Apple TV doesn’t have remote management.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Can model MGY52LL/A update to 16.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.