Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Reset Security Questsions

Hi,

My AppleID was recently taken over by someone and I can no longer log into as I either no longer remember the answers to my security questions or those were changed and can not be reset.

I still have access to the email address that I use as the AppleID and have also managed to reset my password. Just can't reset the security questions.

Please help.

Thanks,

Riz

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 6:39 AM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2023 6:56 AM in response to riz210

See -> If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

⤵️

Reset your security questions

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Enter your Apple ID, then select Continue.
  3. Choose the option to reset your security questions, then select Continue.
  4. Enter your Apple ID password, then select Continue. 
  5. Follow the onscreen steps to verify your identity. The information you’re asked to provide may vary based on your account details and other factors. If you don't get any options to verify your identity, you can't reset your security questions at this time.
  6. Choose new security questions and answers and select Continue. See our tips for choosing security questions and keeping your account secure. 

After you reset your security questions, you might want to set up two-factor authentication instead. It's the best way to keep your account secure, and you won't need to remember any security questions. You can set up two-factor authentication right from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later or your Mac with OS X El Capitan or later.

If you answer your security questions incorrectly too many times in a row, you temporarily can't use your security questions. Try to reset your questions after the waiting period ends.

-----

To keep your Apple ID account secure, see the following Apple articles: 

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

See who has access to your device or accounts -> See who has access to your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Delete suspicious content from your devices

Delete suspicious content from your devices – Apple Support (UK)

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

• if you see devices that don't belong to you, delete from your account.

Personal Safety User Guide -> Personal Safety User Guide – Apple Support (UK)

Manage and use your Apple ID -> Manage and use your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

(if you haven't already done this) Two-factor authentication for Apple ID -> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID password -> Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

• Create a strong password for your Apple ID, It is best if your password consists of eight or more characters and include upper and lowercase letters, and at least one number. You can also add extra characters and punctuation marks to make your password even stronger. 
  • Never provide your password, passcode, security questions, verification codes, recovery key or any other account security details to anyone else. Apple will never ask you for this information.

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Never jailbroken your iPhone.

How to Reset Security Questsions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.