Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

non-playable purchases from iTunes store

It seems like a lot of the songs I purchased on my iTunes account about 10+ years ago (before apple music was out) aren't playable anymore. But I also can't download them in the apple music library. I would like to get this resolved considered that these are songs I actually paid for and should have no trouble listening to ever. If someone can help explain how to fix this that would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 1:22 PM

Face ID,

If you are still using the same Apple ID, are in the same country, and the content is still available, you should be able to redownload fresh copies at no charge. Follow the steps in here:

Redownload music - Apple Support

If they were purchased before mid-2009, they will be protected files and will require authorization in order to play.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2023 1:22 PM in response to Faceidquestion

Face ID,

If you are still using the same Apple ID, are in the same country, and the content is still available, you should be able to redownload fresh copies at no charge. Follow the steps in here:

Redownload music - Apple Support

If they were purchased before mid-2009, they will be protected files and will require authorization in order to play.

non-playable purchases from iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.