Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID isn’t functioning properly it keeps saying verification failed when I try to check apple suggestions

My Apple ID verification failure

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 5:19 AM

A "Verification Failed" message is used in various scenarios which could be either a communication issue, or a problem with your account or a payment method. Knowing more context about when you are seeing this might help narrow it down.

Use the document Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support to review your payment methods such as credit or debit cards. Problem methods will usually have a notice in red lettering below them. The article If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support has some information about declined payment methods as well as a link at the end for contacting Apple about payment issues.

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud, read this support article --> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

"If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services" click here --> If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

- If none of the suggestions work, try the last one: "If you’ve tried all of the above steps and you still can’t connect, contact Apple Support."

If you see a message saying to try again later, see if it's a system issue: Apple - Support - System Status

Verification Failed "problem connecting to the server" March 2018 - Verification failed - Apple Community - Needed to connect over wi-fi and not through cellular.

And the opposite:

"Verification Failed, An unknown error occurred" March 2018 - update apple ID settings notification in … - Apple Community - "tried again with Wifi off and it worked"

If those don't resolve the problem, I suggest you contact Apple:

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2023 5:19 AM in response to arnoldalifeyo

A "Verification Failed" message is used in various scenarios which could be either a communication issue, or a problem with your account or a payment method. Knowing more context about when you are seeing this might help narrow it down.

Use the document Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support to review your payment methods such as credit or debit cards. Problem methods will usually have a notice in red lettering below them. The article If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support has some information about declined payment methods as well as a link at the end for contacting Apple about payment issues.

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud, read this support article --> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

"If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services" click here --> If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

- If none of the suggestions work, try the last one: "If you’ve tried all of the above steps and you still can’t connect, contact Apple Support."

If you see a message saying to try again later, see if it's a system issue: Apple - Support - System Status

Verification Failed "problem connecting to the server" March 2018 - Verification failed - Apple Community - Needed to connect over wi-fi and not through cellular.

And the opposite:

"Verification Failed, An unknown error occurred" March 2018 - update apple ID settings notification in … - Apple Community - "tried again with Wifi off and it worked"

If those don't resolve the problem, I suggest you contact Apple:

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

My Apple ID isn’t functioning properly it keeps saying verification failed when I try to check apple suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.