Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using INTEL i9 on my 1900 MBP. I have Ventura 13.3. I do NOT have a check box under Security that indicates "Allow Accessories to Connect" What happened? Is it gone?

I am trying to be able to connect my iPad and iPhone with my MacBook Pro. The MBP has 13.3 as an os. The iPhone and iPad are both iOS 16.4. When I directly connect the iPad OR iPhone to the MacBook Pro, I don't see them listed in "Finder". When I followed the instructions in the OS for Ventura, I went under security and scrolled down to App Store and File Vault. There is NO Selection for ""Connect Accessories".

Was this feature deleted from the use with the Intel processors? My MBP is a 2019-i9 8core machine.

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 6:47 AM

This article implies that only Apple-Silicon Macs need to check that checkbox:

You need to allow new USB or Thunderbolt accessories and SD cards to connect before you can use them with your Mac laptop computer with Apple silicon.

If your Mac asks you to allow an accessory to connect - Apple Support

see also:

Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable - Apple Support

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2023 6:47 AM in response to jjmcdonald

This article implies that only Apple-Silicon Macs need to check that checkbox:

You need to allow new USB or Thunderbolt accessories and SD cards to connect before you can use them with your Mac laptop computer with Apple silicon.

If your Mac asks you to allow an accessory to connect - Apple Support

see also:

Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable - Apple Support

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I am using INTEL i9 on my 1900 MBP. I have Ventura 13.3. I do NOT have a check box under Security that indicates "Allow Accessories to Connect" What happened? Is it gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.