You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a text for a MacBook order I didn't purchase

I received a text which reads: “You MacBook order is confirmed! $2266.34 paid. . Est. Delivery: 04/03/2023. Thx!”

I looked this number up and appeared to be connected to, which claims to be a web designer and digital marketing company. When I went to their website it appeared to be fake, with links that went nowhere and incomplete main phone number. In order to contact them you have to put in your personal information. I didn’t purchase any computers, so needless to say the message was very suspicious. Has anyone else received similar texts?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 11:24 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 5, 2023 11:11 AM in response to RMSCA818

Hello RMSCA818,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. It sounds liek you received a spam SMS message. For help to identify as well as report messages like this, please follow: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

"How to report suspicious emails, messages, and calls

• If you receive a suspicious email that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com.1  
  • To report a suspicious SMS text message that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, take a screenshot of the message and email the screenshot to reportphishing@apple.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through Messages, tap Report Junk under the message. You can also block unwanted messages and calls.
  • Report scam phone calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at reportfraud.ftc.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

More information about phishing and other scams

Learn how to identify phishing messages, handle fraudulent phone calls, and avoid other online scams. 

How to identify fraudulent emails and messages

Scammers try to copy email and text messages from legitimate companies to trick you into giving them your personal information and passwords. These signs can help you identify phishing emails: 

• The sender’s email or phone doesn’t match the name of the company that it claims to be from.
  • The email or phone they used to contact you is different from the one that you gave that company.
  • A link in a message looks right, but the URL doesn’t match the company’s website.2
  • The message looks significantly different from other messages that you’ve received from the company.
  • The message requests personal information, like a credit card number or account password.
  • The message is unsolicited and contains an attachment."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

I received a text for a MacBook order I didn't purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.