Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the Thesaurus function in Pages. I have always used Word and it is so easy.

Where is the Thesaurus function in Pages? I have always used Word and it was so easy'

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 1:50 PM

There isn't a thesaurus integrated into Pages. Apple did not design it to work like MS Word.

You can place your cursor over a word and either three-finger tap, or press control+cmd+d to invoke a lookup, or you can keep the Apple dictionary app in the center of your Dock and if its Settings are configured and ordered correctly, you will have an English dictionary and a thesaurus in the Dictionary app's toolbar.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2023 1:50 PM in response to KCOhr

There isn't a thesaurus integrated into Pages. Apple did not design it to work like MS Word.

You can place your cursor over a word and either three-finger tap, or press control+cmd+d to invoke a lookup, or you can keep the Apple dictionary app in the center of your Dock and if its Settings are configured and ordered correctly, you will have an English dictionary and a thesaurus in the Dictionary app's toolbar.

Where is the Thesaurus function in Pages. I have always used Word and it is so easy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.