Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flexgate MacBook Pro 2016- backlight display programme

I spoke to an advisor on chat who said that my laptop was showing signs of the flexgate/backlight display issue for this model. They advised me to take it to Apple for a free repair under the repair programme. I went to the store who refused to repair it because it was more than 3 years since the programme launched. I then spoke to multiple support staff online (kept being disconnected and then not called back, even when they said they would) until one eventually advised me that I could ask for a repair under Consumer Law and should go back to the shop to ask for this instead.

I ended up spending around 4 hours in the store and by the time I was given this advice the store was closed. Has anyone else had this experience and have they been able to have their laptop repaired through this route? The laptop had a design flaw when I bought it so shouldn't apple have to repair it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 11:02 AM

cjsw12 wrote:

I spoke to an advisor on chat who said that my laptop was showing signs of the flexgate/backlight display issue for this model. They advised me to take it to Apple for a free repair under the repair programme. I went to the store who refused to repair it because it was more than 3 years since the programme launched. I then spoke to multiple support staff online (kept being disconnected and then not called back, even when they said they would) until one eventually advised me that I could ask for a repair under Consumer Law and should go back to the shop to ask for this instead.

I ended up spending around 4 hours in the store and by the time I was given this advice the store was closed. Has anyone else had this experience and have they been able to have their laptop repaired through this route? The laptop had a design flaw when I bought it so shouldn't apple have to repair it?

The service program has ended. yes.

The program covered eligible MacBook Pro models for 5 years after the first retail sale of the unit or 3 years from the start date of this program, whichever is longer.

Service Program—

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2023 11:02 AM in response to cjsw12

cjsw12 wrote:

The service program has ended. yes.

The program covered eligible MacBook Pro models for 5 years after the first retail sale of the unit or 3 years from the start date of this program, whichever is longer.

Service Program—

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

Flexgate MacBook Pro 2016- backlight display programme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.