Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max: Wired-Headphone Adaptor No Longer Supported

I just plugged in my Lightning wired-headphone adaptor into my iPhone 12 Pro Max, running iOS 16.4, and it responded, ”accessory not supported by this device.”

Did something recently change in that regard, possibly related to 16.4?

There is another possibility: I was earlier having some issues with the lightning connector (contamination), but they seem to be rectified now.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 6:26 AM

After experimenting more, I accept that my iPhone’s Lightning connector is still a bit intermittent. It seemed to be back to normal after removing debris from it, but I think it’s not quite back yet.

So I’ll call that mystery solved.

2 replies

Apr 2, 2023 12:54 PM in response to mr88cet

Oh, I should clarify that “the usual suspects” — restart and turning off Bluetooth — don’t help. The adaptor and headphones are in excellent condition.

I saw some folks mentioning a “forget all Bluetooth adaptors” option in Settings, but I don’t see any such option in 16.4, for whatever it’s worth.

It’s also worth pointing out that the “not-supported” alert box pops immediately upon plugging it in, so it doesn’t seem to be a case of flaky continuity.

iPhone 12 Pro Max: Wired-Headphone Adaptor No Longer Supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.