Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Combine contact lists in Contacts application

Guys and Girls,

I don't know why I have two lists of contacts in my Contacts application on my iMac. One is "On my Mac" and the other is "iCloud". How can I combine them into one "On my Mac" list? I don't want my contacts in the cloud.

Thanks, Phil

iMac 27″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 6:06 AM

Ok, thanks, Barney. Sounds like a good solution. If I deselect the iCloud contacts will I still be able to sync my "On my Mac" contacts with my iPhone contacts?

Yes, using the Finder interface. However, I haven't used that system since iCloud came about. I only say yes because I see it offered in the interface.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 6:06 AM in response to philhansen

Ok, thanks, Barney. Sounds like a good solution. If I deselect the iCloud contacts will I still be able to sync my "On my Mac" contacts with my iPhone contacts?

Yes, using the Finder interface. However, I haven't used that system since iCloud came about. I only say yes because I see it offered in the interface.

Apr 2, 2023 1:52 PM in response to philhansen

When you sign into iCloud with your AppleID, there are options to use the different services with iCloud (Mail, Contacts, Calendars). Go into iCloud System Settings and deselect the Contacts (and whatever else you don't want to use).

It will ask what you want to do with the data on the cloud, if they are all duplicates, choose not to keep them. If you do keep them, you will get duplicates in the On My Mac account.

Combine contact lists in Contacts application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.