Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XR fell into salt water at the beach

So my Iphone XR dropped out of my pocket at the beach into salt water but I retrieved it before 15 seconds of it being there. The phone did work but it was slightly bugging, the screen was moving up and down just a bit, as if the phone had been dropped. Was not too serious until it started glitching on the lock screen where it happened to disable my phone for a minute as it started to type in random passwords, something you'd expect. I managed to power it off completely after a few attempts which is when the problem began. It didn't turn on but you could see the black screen slightly lighten up and was vibrating after I turned the silence button on and off and has since not turned on for about 8 hours now. I tried to blow dry the phone in hopes of it drying it up better than I did with my shirt but again, no results. I am getting worried seeing how I recently fixed my phone with there being no issues with it. I also tried to leave it out in the open with nothing happening. that dim light that the screen made has also gone along with the little vibrations that gave me some kind of hope for the phone. Maybe I have to wait for longer? I am growing anxious and at a fast rate so if anyone can somehow help, please do let me know immediately and thank you for your time.

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 2:28 PM

So my Iphone XR dropped out of my pocket at the beach into salt water but I retrieved it before 15 seconds of it being there. I instantly sucked the water out of the speakers and charging port as soon as I had picked it back up. The phone did work but it was slightly bugging, the screen was moving up and down just a bit, as if the phone had been dropped. Was not too serious until it started glitching on the lock screen where it happened to disable my phone for a minute as it started to type in random passwords, something you'd expect. I managed to power it off completely after a few attempts which is when the problem began. It didn't turn on but you could see the black screen slightly lighten up and was vibrating after I turned the silence button on and off and has since not turned on for about 8 hours now. I tried to blow dry the phone in hopes of it drying it up better than I did with my shirt but again, no results. I am getting worried seeing how I recently fixed my phone with there being no issues with it. I also tried to leave it out in the open with nothing happening. that dim light that the screen made has also gone along with the little vibrations that gave me some kind of hope for the phone. Maybe I have to wait for longer? I am growing anxious and at a fast rate so if anyone can somehow help, please do let me know immediately and thank you for your time.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2023 2:28 PM in response to ezeybeentrill

So my Iphone XR dropped out of my pocket at the beach into salt water but I retrieved it before 15 seconds of it being there. I instantly sucked the water out of the speakers and charging port as soon as I had picked it back up. The phone did work but it was slightly bugging, the screen was moving up and down just a bit, as if the phone had been dropped. Was not too serious until it started glitching on the lock screen where it happened to disable my phone for a minute as it started to type in random passwords, something you'd expect. I managed to power it off completely after a few attempts which is when the problem began. It didn't turn on but you could see the black screen slightly lighten up and was vibrating after I turned the silence button on and off and has since not turned on for about 8 hours now. I tried to blow dry the phone in hopes of it drying it up better than I did with my shirt but again, no results. I am getting worried seeing how I recently fixed my phone with there being no issues with it. I also tried to leave it out in the open with nothing happening. that dim light that the screen made has also gone along with the little vibrations that gave me some kind of hope for the phone. Maybe I have to wait for longer? I am growing anxious and at a fast rate so if anyone can somehow help, please do let me know immediately and thank you for your time.

Apr 2, 2023 2:25 PM in response to ezeybeentrill

No two phones will react the same way to being submerged. And salt water is the most corrosive of waters a phone can be subjected to. You need to accept that your phone is never going to work correctly again. Where you are right now isn't something anyone here can help you with. You'll have to wait until you come back to your home country.

Iphone XR fell into salt water at the beach

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.