Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hello dear why i cant update my itunes

hello dear when i try to update my windows itunes it says "there is no download available". "this version 12.10.11 is the current version" but when i try to connect my phone and update my phone with laptop it says "to update your phone to iOS 16.4 you need to install latest version of itunes"

please help me Thank you

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 10:04 AM

iTunes 12.10.11.2 is the last version of iTunes that works with Windows 7 (or Windows 8). But the latest version of iTunes (on the day of writing this) is 12.12.8.2, which requires Windows 10. So in order to update your iPhone to iOS 16.4, you will need the latest version of iTunes (i.e. 12.12.8.2).

Note that it is possible to update your phone directly, via Wi-Fi, but if you do, the phone will no longer be able to talk with your out-of-date iTunes. Once you understand the implication of this, you may not want to update to iOS 16.4

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 10:04 AM in response to preet2094

iTunes 12.10.11.2 is the last version of iTunes that works with Windows 7 (or Windows 8). But the latest version of iTunes (on the day of writing this) is 12.12.8.2, which requires Windows 10. So in order to update your iPhone to iOS 16.4, you will need the latest version of iTunes (i.e. 12.12.8.2).

Note that it is possible to update your phone directly, via Wi-Fi, but if you do, the phone will no longer be able to talk with your out-of-date iTunes. Once you understand the implication of this, you may not want to update to iOS 16.4

hello dear why i cant update my itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.