what is the latest version of itunes for windows 10?

i am using windows10 64-bit, and itunes -12.10.11 .2, while i am trying to update software for iphone 12 mini i am getting error , to restore above 16 version install updated itunes in your system

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 9, 2024 6:19 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 10, 2024 4:02 AM in response to Bhavanisankarprasad

The most recent version of iTunes (on this day, 10th January 2024) is 12.13.1.3. If you use iTunes' top bar menu Help/Check for Updates, you will see a message taking you to the update (if there is one), or a message stating that it is the current version*:

* Note that if that same message says iTunes (12.10.11.2) is the latest version, it isn't! (Read the next paragraph.)

iTunes 12.10.11.2 is the most recent version of iTunes that can be used with Windows 7. However, the message seen on a Windows 7 (or Windows 8) PC says something along the lines of iTunes (12.10.11.2) is the latest version (it may say "current"), which is not true. What Apple actually mean is that iTunes 12.10.11.2 is the most recent version of iTunes that will run on a Windows 7 computer, which has a very different meaning.

All this means that if you have 12.10.11.2 and the Help/Check for Updates tells you that it's the latest (or current) version, it would appear that your computer is running Windows 7 (or 8), not Windows 10.

You can check your Windows version in your computer's Settings. Go to the Windows Start button, Settings (the gear icon)/System/About>Edition. That's Settings (1.), About (2.) and Edition (3.):

To use a device with iOS 15 or later, you need Windows 10, so that you can then install the latest version of iTunes.

what is the latest version of itunes for windows 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.