Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Document folder disappeared from Ventura, only is on iCloud

I've done plenty of searches of this problem. I'm on Ventura 13.2. In finder, there is no "preferences" option in the drop-down, only "settings". Documents was not, but now IS checked on the Finder sidebar settings after which I restarted finder and my mac, since the doc folder did not immediately, or ever, appear. I then read to go to apple system preferences - icloud. My apple dropdown is system settings, then I have to click on my apple id to get to a screen that has icloud. I'm told to disable Desktop & Documents within icloud. I did that, but was not given an option to keep a copy. How can I get a copy of the docs folder back on my mac?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 4:52 PM

Preferences was replaced with Settings.

When you disable Desktop & Documents in iCloud Drive, an empty Documents (and Desktop) folder should reappear in your home. Drag the files that are in the iCloud Drive folders into those new, empty folders. Don't drag the folders themselves, just the contents.

Similar questions

2 replies

Document folder disappeared from Ventura, only is on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.