Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my Wi-Fi password and now MacBook Air won’t connect to the internet. It’s not asking me for the new password either. I’ve restarted my Mac and don’t know what else to do. Help?

I changed my Wi-Fi password and now my MacBook Air won’t connect to the internet. I restarted my Mac. When trying to connect to my Wi-Fi

it’s not asking me for the new password. Don’t know what to do next.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 10:00 PM

Fannancy Said:

"I changed my Wi-Fi password and now MacBook Air won’t connect to the internet. It’s not asking me for the new password either. I’ve restarted my Mac and don’t know what else to do. Help?"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. See more here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2023 10:00 PM in response to Fannancy

Fannancy Said:

"I changed my Wi-Fi password and now MacBook Air won’t connect to the internet. It’s not asking me for the new password either. I’ve restarted my Mac and don’t know what else to do. Help?"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. See more here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

I changed my Wi-Fi password and now MacBook Air won’t connect to the internet. It’s not asking me for the new password either. I’ve restarted my Mac and don’t know what else to do. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.