Apple Watch Not Connecting to Fitness + App on Apple TV HD (32 GB) Model:A1625.

Running TVOS 16.4

Running Watch OS 9.4

After most recent OS updates to both devices, Apple Watch will not connect to Fitness + app. Opening Fitness + app on Apple TV prompts connection setup. When I open Fitness + App on watch and click connect as prompted, message: "Connecting to your Apple Watch" appears and remains on this screen without connecting.

I have two other Apple TV 4K devices. No issues connecting to Fitness + app on these two devices. All devices running latests OS updates.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Apple TV HD

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 6:20 AM

It’s maddening to get ready to work out and nothing works. I did press connect on the Apple Watch then a message appears on Apple TV saying the paring was canceled. You almost have to include another 30-45 min into your work out routine just to troubleshoot crap. By this time I’m stressed because I have a time limit and I have to freaking search for solutions as to why my watch and apple fitness are not syncing. Then all the suggestions require another search, “delete all the profiles from the Apple TV.” “Delete this delete that.” Why not work? It’s a smart TV smart phone smart watch, but dumb as snot when you need it to sync. Bluetooth is connected, it sees my watch, it connected the other day, but today is a different day. It even connects! But then stops paring. Why?! This use to be more flawless than what it is now. I don’t need stock solutions, it just needs to work as it’s advertised in all the fancy advertisements to sell the “best” smart products on the market.

Similar questions

34 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2023 6:20 AM in response to Mustang8891

It’s maddening to get ready to work out and nothing works. I did press connect on the Apple Watch then a message appears on Apple TV saying the paring was canceled. You almost have to include another 30-45 min into your work out routine just to troubleshoot crap. By this time I’m stressed because I have a time limit and I have to freaking search for solutions as to why my watch and apple fitness are not syncing. Then all the suggestions require another search, “delete all the profiles from the Apple TV.” “Delete this delete that.” Why not work? It’s a smart TV smart phone smart watch, but dumb as snot when you need it to sync. Bluetooth is connected, it sees my watch, it connected the other day, but today is a different day. It even connects! But then stops paring. Why?! This use to be more flawless than what it is now. I don’t need stock solutions, it just needs to work as it’s advertised in all the fancy advertisements to sell the “best” smart products on the market.

Apr 6, 2023 2:55 PM in response to ace1018

Thank you for your response. I did try all of your suggestions prior to posting my question – none of them worked. However, I was able to find a solution.

1. delete all user profiles from AppleTV in settings.

1. re-add user profiles to AppleTV in settings.

These steps solve my problem, and Apple Watch is now pairing properly to Fitness +  app on Apple TV.

Thanks.

Feb 6, 2024 6:31 AM in response to Mustang8891

Finally got it.

I have been in the same situation exactly, despite the stock replies mentioned here wasn't that directly helpful. Actually following the steps to setup home, just revealed that my main iCloud account was logged out from the TV, this seems to be due to an update.

Once I logged into the TV using my iCloud again, all my devices (Watch and other iPhones) showed again in the Fitness app and the watch got connected as before.

Jan 16, 2024 8:28 PM in response to Mustang8891

This happened to me, after upgrading my Apple Watch from series 3 to series 9.

This is everything I did to solve my problem. I'll list the steps in a nutshell, then I'll list the ones that I think helped solve the problem in detail.

1. I erased my apple watch
  2. setup my apple watch as a new (not from backup)
  3. connected to my Apple Fitness+ on my Apple TV
  4. I restored my watch from backup
  5. Reconnected my watch to Fitness+
  6. closed the Fitness+ app
  7. connected to the Fitness+ app again to to make sure it still worked.

I think the steps that were helpful were steps 4 through 7 which I'll detail here:

Restore from backup

1. on the watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
  2. Enter your watch Passcode to confirm.
  3. Bring your iPhone near the watch and follow the steps on your iPhone screen to Restore from backup.

Connect the watch to the Fitness+ app

1. Open the Fitness+ app on your AppleTV
  2. when it asks, "Who's working out?" choose "Other"
  3. Open the Workout app on your Watch. It's the silhouette of a person on a lime-green background.
  4. tap the Connect button on your watch.
  5. wait about 20 seconds or so to connect.

If unsuccessful, try erasing the watch without restoring from backup, then connecting to the Fitness+ app like I did, then restore from backup and reconnect.

If successful, close the Fitness+ app, open it again and connect but selecting your watch instead of selecting "Other". It should connect in under 10 seconds now, like normal.

Apr 6, 2023 12:47 PM in response to Mustang8891

Hello Mustang8891,

We'd be happy to help. If you're having issues while starting a workout in Apple Fitness+, we recommend following the steps here: If you see 'Pairing Canceled' while starting a workout in Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

These steps should be helpful:

Pair your Apple Watch with your Apple TV
1. On your Apple TV, close the Fitness app. Then reopen the Fitness app and select your name.
2. On your Apple Watch, open the Workout app and tap Connect.
3. Tap Continue, then enter the code displayed on Apple TV to pair your watch.

Add your Apple TV to the Home app
To easily access the devices that you use when working out, add your Apple TV to the Home app.
1. On your Apple TV, go to Settings > AirPlay and HomeKit. You'll see "1" in a red badge next to AirPlay and HomeKit. Don't see a red badge?
2. Select Finish Home Set Up.
3. Unlock your iPhone and hold it close to your Apple TV.
4. Follow the steps on your Apple TV to add your Apple TV to the Home app and finish setup.

If you need more help
If you still can't pair your Apple Watch, or if you don't see a red badge or an option to add Apple TV to the Home app, contact Apple Support.

Thanks.

Apr 26, 2024 10:14 AM in response to Mustang8891

I read some of the tips on this thread and kind of adapted a couple of their tips. What ultimately worked for me: I realized that I was signed in as only an "Additional User" under Settings -> Users and Accounts. When I signed in as the Default User as well, I was able to connect my Apple Watch to Fitness+ without issue. Hope this helps you out!

Nov 6, 2023 11:21 AM in response to mljohnson1123

Sorry for my rant. I finally got my Apple Watch connected. My husband and I struggled for a good bit. All devices are running the newest iOS so I am not sure why it was such a hassle. I’ve been using apple fitness and Apple Watch for a while and never had issues with it connecting. I have had issues where the apple fitness app crashes during the workout, I restart the fitness all over again, and the work out I was doing never shows a check mark that I completed it. So it’s definitely buggy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.