Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Post Downloaded Photos to Twitter

I am only given the option of posting photo that my iPad has classified as photos and photos that I have downloaded from the internet (of my own) are not among them. I can’t browse to the downloads folder from the Twitter append image dialogue.

I have given Twitter app permission to access all photos. This relates to

How to change privacy settings on twitter… - Apple Community

I was not given any options as to where to download the photo to at the time of downloading. This relates to

Photo does not appear in Photos - Apple Community

BTW I wish old threads were not closed, are regarded as repositories of information rather than “conversations.” Microsoft forums have a similarly policy where it was claimed that leaving old threads open increases spam. That seems to me to be unlikely.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 6:01 PM

Hi Timtak,

If the photos in question are not in your Photos library they may not be offered as options for the action you're describing. The when viewing a photo from the Files app, you may tap the share icon to access the option for "Save Image" or "Save Video". This would add a copy of that item to Photos for use in other apps that pull from that library.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2023 6:01 PM in response to Timtak

Hi Timtak,

If the photos in question are not in your Photos library they may not be offered as options for the action you're describing. The when viewing a photo from the Files app, you may tap the share icon to access the option for "Save Image" or "Save Video". This would add a copy of that item to Photos for use in other apps that pull from that library.

Regards.

Post Downloaded Photos to Twitter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.