Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Understanding Move Behaviour

screen recording here

Hello,

I wanted to take my animation to fcp, i want scale down of my animation in fcp.

For that i need to publish key frame but even keyframe publishes in move behaviors , the question is why it keeps on moving ,

Isn't key framing means move till to last keyframe then stop why it still moving.

I am sticking in move behavior because it has speed attributes too which is good other wise fcp dont have accelerate , decelerate ease attributes default.

There is grow/shrink aswell but it dont have key frames to publish , speed attributes , start offset ; even i publish end offset , in fcp there is no keyframe editor i wont know end offset timing so i choose is move behavior but also it has problem.

so any suggestions Please

https://www.kapwing.com/videos/642b83985ff40d0b81b4114c

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 9:09 PM

Hi

I am not sure of your question.

I think what you need is to set build in and build out markers in your Motion template.

Add template markers in Motion – Apple Support (AU)

Right click or use the keyboard M to add a marker

Right click again to get the marker menu, then use edit marker -

Choose build in optional or mandatory. An optional market will give you a check box in the published parameters to turn the in animation on or off in FCP.

Add another marker and edit for a build out.

If you choose as optional, you will have these published

Everything between the markers will loop in FCP - so, in FCP, if you make stretch the template or make it shorter, the animation does not slow down or speed up.

Does this help the issue?

There is no way to display the offsets in FCP so that they are visible - that information is already there if you published the offset parameters.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 9:09 PM in response to CCRPND

Hi

I am not sure of your question.

I think what you need is to set build in and build out markers in your Motion template.

Add template markers in Motion – Apple Support (AU)

Right click or use the keyboard M to add a marker

Right click again to get the marker menu, then use edit marker -

Choose build in optional or mandatory. An optional market will give you a check box in the published parameters to turn the in animation on or off in FCP.

Add another marker and edit for a build out.

If you choose as optional, you will have these published

Everything between the markers will loop in FCP - so, in FCP, if you make stretch the template or make it shorter, the animation does not slow down or speed up.

Does this help the issue?

There is no way to display the offsets in FCP so that they are visible - that information is already there if you published the offset parameters.

Apr 3, 2023 8:50 PM in response to CCRPND

Hi

By your example, the move behavior is not the most practical tool for this.

Also, at the basic level of operation, we do not publish keyframes. In FCP, any published keyframe will be ignored.

If we want to instruct the Z position parameter from value A to value B, then use a ramp behavior.

We set the end value to what we need. We can then publish the end value to provide the control in FCP so that we can change the value.

Use the offset parameters to control the start and the end of the behavior - so you can control the duration of the animation. You can publish these to FCP.

Use the curvature parameter to set the easing of the animation. However, with the ramp bevahior we can only get as good as ease in/ease out.

If you want a different style of easing for the animation, then we need to look at a different method.

But explore this method for now and let us know if it works well or if you want a better ease option for the animation.

Apr 3, 2023 8:57 PM in response to CCRPND

Let's look at the move behaviour also.

I read your post again and see that you prefer the move behavior because it has speed options. These speed options are better than the ramp curvature function.

I think your problem is that you have keyframed that parameter. You don't need to keyframe the parameter. Just set the z position value you want and the behavior will animate.

In this example I am using decelerate.

You can publish the z value to FCP.

However, the Move behavior does not provide any duration control as you see it does not have any start and end offsets.

Apr 3, 2023 9:00 PM in response to rowie302

Really appreciate for your clean explanation, really admired, Thank you 🙏

Is there any way that we can see end offset like we see in keyframe editor in motion

because the number keeps on increasing there is no limit , it changes as per timing and strech according like i mean just we scale from 50 to 100 a fixed value; the offset changes ! , any sort of any pointers to detect the animation is upto here only in fcp

Apr 3, 2023 9:19 PM in response to CCRPND

The only behavior that provides us with both speed controls and duration controls is the sequence text behavior. This behaviour only works for text instructions and it can not be applied to non text layers.

You need to explore and experiment to find a way to create a relationship between a sequence text behavior and a non text parameter.

Apr 3, 2023 9:30 PM in response to CCRPND

...I forgot to include...

There are 2 other behaviours that function the same as the ramp behavior - Logarithmic and Exponential. A logarithmic will give you something similar to decelerate.

I do not use these often, but Fox_m may have good advice for using these to create better easing animations than just the curvature on the ramp behavior can provide.

I have experimented with these before, and I know that we can stitch an exponential with a logarithmic to create various ease animations.

It makes it complicated publishing the in and out offsets, so these parameters need to go on a rig - and then publish the rig.

Understanding Move Behaviour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.