Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My security is weak, how can I change it?

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 12:55 AM

Tony7126 Said:

"My security is weak, how can I change it?"

-------

Troubleshooting Weak Security:

Encryption is the Culprit:

The device is likely getting this message because the router is using WEP or WPA2 for their encryption protocol, which is no longer secure. So, you have to either reconfigure the router's settings to be using WPA3, or upgrade to a new router that supports WPA3. Older devices may not support WPA3. So, your router would have to have WPA2/WPA3 open for use.

An Old Device:

For Thought: If this is a much older device, it may no longer be able to be as secure. So, take this as a good reason to upgrade too me much more recent model.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 12:55 AM in response to Tony7126

Tony7126 Said:

"My security is weak, how can I change it?"

-------

Troubleshooting Weak Security:

Encryption is the Culprit:

The device is likely getting this message because the router is using WEP or WPA2 for their encryption protocol, which is no longer secure. So, you have to either reconfigure the router's settings to be using WPA3, or upgrade to a new router that supports WPA3. Older devices may not support WPA3. So, your router would have to have WPA2/WPA3 open for use.

An Old Device:

For Thought: If this is a much older device, it may no longer be able to be as secure. So, take this as a good reason to upgrade too me much more recent model.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.