Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying 07786205094 iMessage activation with heavy charge

Each time I change my sim card in iphone 7 with updated software, it sends multiple messages to 07786205094 for activating iMessage (up to 9 messages😳). Apple should not cause this heavy charge for it's users. Aren't there any alternatives? Other companies send activation codes and ask the user to enter the code, or simply make a missed call and ask him to enter the last digits of the calling number without making any charge.

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 1:47 AM

4 replies

Apr 4, 2023 1:54 AM in response to MMAmirian

This is one time charge for activation by your carrier. Your iMessage would have been free for life time. Now that you have de-activated, it will be charged again when activate by your carrier. Sorry, you de-activated it without understanding it.

Read this Apple Article: If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support (IN)

An extract from the above article of it is given belo....

"Check your device settings

1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you're using an iPhone, you need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS."

Apr 4, 2023 1:55 AM in response to MMAmirian

If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, an international SMS is sent each time you activate iMessage/FaceTime. (One SMS Only)

If there are 4 SMSs that indicates you have activated iMessage 4 times.

Each time you change the SIM or activate iMessage/iCloud/FaceTime you must have got these warnings (As Shown in the pic below). If you had tapped on OK then only then the SMS is sent .....

See the pic below

If you wish not to incur international charges then please do not activate iMessage for phone number, as shown in the pic below.

Apr 5, 2023 3:32 AM in response to SravanKrA

I talked to my operator and they told me: Don't activate iMessage, and now you suggest the same thing!! Should I really?

What I was doing each time I changed the sim card was just letting iMessage activate itself, I didn't deactivate it manually. The activation goes with issues as I receive multiple SMSs from iphone starting with REG-RESP, and so requesting multiple international messages causing heavy charges.

This might not have happened only to me, you can search the number 077... in forums and find other guys touching this issue. However, multiple activation/deactivation is not much annoying, the activation process is. I just repeat my statement: Why should Apple activate the service in a way forcing charges while there are free alternatives???

Annoying 07786205094 iMessage activation with heavy charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.