Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone battery

I just had my battery replaced with a new one. Then I got this message…. Unable to verify this iPhone has a genuine Apple battery. Health information not available for this battery.  has anyone experienced this and what do I do?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 3:06 PM

Hey there,

An Unknown Part  message will appear if the battery installation is incomplete or if the battery:

• Was replaced with a nongenuine battery
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

An additional message might appear that says "Apple has updated the device information for this iPhone." This means that Apple has updated the device information maintained for this iPhone for service needs, safety analysis, and to improve future products.

These messages don't affect your ability to use your iPhone or your battery.

For more info visit ☞ About genuine iPhone batteries - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 3:06 PM in response to MiaLMurphy

Hey there,

An Unknown Part  message will appear if the battery installation is incomplete or if the battery:

• Was replaced with a nongenuine battery
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

An additional message might appear that says "Apple has updated the device information for this iPhone." This means that Apple has updated the device information maintained for this iPhone for service needs, safety analysis, and to improve future products.

These messages don't affect your ability to use your iPhone or your battery.

For more info visit ☞ About genuine iPhone batteries - Apple Support

Apr 4, 2023 6:27 PM in response to MiaLMurphy

The shop either installed the wrong battery, or they were not an authorized Apple Service shop and they installed a "knock off" battery that will not perform correctly with your iPhone.

Take the phone back and have the shop install a genuine Apple battery. Unfortunately, if the shop is not authorized for Apple Service, they cannot obtain a genuine battery replacement part. In that case, your best bet would be to ask for your money back and then take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop.

Use the link just below to find an authorized Apple Service shop:

Find Locations - Apple

iPhone battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.