Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add a device to find my iPhone if offline

My iPhone has been stolen how else can I locate my iPhone as find my iPhone shows its offline

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 11:22 PM

Device Offline?

I see my device in Find My, but it's offline

If you see "Offline," "No location available," or "Location Services Off," your device might be offline for one of these reasons:

Don't see your device?

• You might not have Find My turned on.
  • If you're using the Find My app, you can't see your device's location if more than 7 days have passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • If you're using iCloud.com/find, you can't see your device's location if it's powered off, the battery has run out, or more than 24 hours has passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • Learn how you can still protect your information.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 11:22 PM in response to Cathykaylee

Device Offline?

I see my device in Find My, but it's offline

If you see "Offline," "No location available," or "Location Services Off," your device might be offline for one of these reasons:

Don't see your device?

• You might not have Find My turned on.
  • If you're using the Find My app, you can't see your device's location if more than 7 days have passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • If you're using iCloud.com/find, you can't see your device's location if it's powered off, the battery has run out, or more than 24 hours has passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • Learn how you can still protect your information.

Apr 4, 2023 11:33 PM in response to Cathykaylee

Cathykaylee Said:

"Add a device to find my iPhone if offline: My iPhone has been stolen how else can I locate my iPhone as find my iPhone shows its offline"

-------

Seems the culprit has your credentials. So, modify them...

Troubleshooting a Stollen iPhone:

Do Two Things:

A. Verify this Device:

Verify that you the device is logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

Add a device to find my iPhone if offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.